Tuesday 7 June 2011

My Degree Show Performance - 7pm

 
In keeping with my practise using temporary mediums I would like to do a performance piece for the evening of the degree show.

I will have previously buried a wedding dress in a 3 ft by 7 ft wooden box filled with soil, worms and seeds.
On the opening night of the show I intend to dig up the dress, dragging it out of the mud leaving the marks in the soil bed, then put the dress on and walk around the exhibition in it - Whilst walking around I will keep to the walkways being considerate of the other artists work.
Once I have done one circuit I will take the dress off and hang it from a nail on the wall facing the soil bed.

The bed of soil will continue to grow and change as the week of the exhibition continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment